As someone who knows how huge life changes can create that ripple effect, I know first-hand how to make better decisions.
After that life change of getting divorced after 20 years in a toxic marriage, becoming an empty nester when my 19-year-old joined the U.S. Army and was stationed in Korea for a year, I lost a 6-figure income job, and moved to a town where I knew no one. I was always the one who took care of everyone else and making sure they were happy first before my own happiness. But with this life change it was me and me only I had to worry about now. I was able to start taking care of me and start implementing self-care. Which included making better life choices.
- Always look at the big picture. Know how you are thinking and what you are feeling. Be mindful and start paying attention to those thoughts and feelings
- Start journaling, writing down your plans, feelings, thoughts and dreams
- Stop over thinking. Designate a time in the morning and in the evening to write down your to do lists so you don’t have to think about them all the time
- Walk away from a bad situation/ Find something to occupy your thoughts while you calm down.
- Be proactive. Pick one thing you can do right now and focus on that one thing.
- Trust yourself to make the right decisions and always trust your intuition. It is 99% right most of the time.
- Remember that you can change your mind at any time. If you do make a bad decision you can ALWAYS correct it.
This is just a small list of things you can do to start making better decisions. Remember tomorrow is always a NEW day and there is always a rainbow at the end of every storm. After the 2 years of hell I went through, I never thought I would have good days again. Here I am building a thriving business, hosting a morning talk show where we help entrepreneurs showcase their business and their accomplishments. I am launching my 2nd book and feeling like I can do anything I set my mind to. I am not saying this to make myself feel better I am saying this to let you know you can do anything you want to as long as you can dream it.